The following contains some of the more frequently asked questions about wall safes and installation.
1. How big is the safe: DigitalSafe makes the largest wall safe sold. Outside dimensions range from wall safe to box safes. The door is ¼ of inch cold rolled steel-this does not include the 1 hour fire rated safe that has 2 inch door.
2. Will it fit in a 4 inch wall? Yes of course it’s made for a 4 inch wall- but its not a flat wall safe- our security flange allows that we can come off the wall 2 inches to provide the client more space.
3. What is a security Flange? Most wall safes come with a lip to cover the dry wall cut; ours comes with a security flange that makes it so the wall safe cannot be pried from the wall.
4. How much does it weigh? The safe range in weight from 50 to 75 pounds.
5. Is the safe fire Proof? No it s burglary rated safe: All wall safes are mounted into dry wall ( dry wall has a 25 minute fire rating which protects the safe) We do however our new 1 hour fire and burglary box safe seen on the internet
6. How does the safe lock? Motorized Locking: Our high quality electric motor locks and unlocks the safe with a smooth and quiet operation of the twin steel bolts.
7. How does it install in the wall? All safe come with a cut sheet that explains the cute size that goes between the studs. Once the dry wall is cut (14 ½ wide 15 1/2 up and down) from the wall the wall safe is mounted and bolted between the studs. All safes come with mounting bolts.
8. At what stage of construction should I install? The builder can frame it in or wait until after the room is painted , lay down a tarp and cut the hole- then mount
9. Can this safe be retrofitted into an already existing home? Yes we do it all day long every day
10. What happens if the batteries die or I get locked out? Emergency Manual Key Override: A high security key is provided to override the safe mechanically
11. What can it fit? It can fit a laptop Computer Sizes: DigitalSafe series safes accommodate laptop computers.
12. Is it ADA approved Yes it is an ADA Approved Keypad: The American Disabilities Act (ADA) approved keypad is made in high quality molded plastic, anchored with metal posts and screws. Gold covered contacts are used to extend the life of the keypad. The large 6 digit alphanumeric LED display makes it is easy to read.
13. What do you mean it takes a credit card? Magnetic Card Swipe: This feature on the keypad give the owner the option to open and close the safe with any credit card or magnetic stripe card without having to remember a PIN code.
14. What happened if my maid or nanny messes with the safe? Automatic Shutdown: This is a security feature of the safe in that after four (4) invalid entries of a PIN code or four (4) swipes of an invalid magnetic card, the safe can be programmed to shut down for your choice of 15 or 30 minutes. After this time expires, four (4) more attempts at the proper PIN or card can be made. The CEU, entering the proper PIN code or swiping the magnetic stripe card will override the shutdown mode.
15. How is it painted? White or Black Durable Finish: All of DigitalSafe safes are manufactured with Ferro Coatings, an extremely durable baked on powder coat finish that resists scratching , chipping and impacts up to 65 lbs per square inch.
16. What’s my guarantee? 3-4-5-Year Guarantee: DigitalSafe’s 3-4-5 (depending on silver, gold, or platinum) guarantee is testimony to the high standard of quality materials and quality control used in the manufacturing of DigitalSafe Safes.
17. How Does the Key Pad work? Personal Identification Number (PIN) Code: Program a 3,4,5 or 6 digit PIN code in your safes.
18. How do I know what my code is? PIN code Display: See the PIN code on the LED screen as it is entered on the keypad or choose to deactivate the display of the PIN code as it is entered.
19. What if I mis-type my code? PIN Code Confirmation: The PIN code that is entered to lock the safe will appear on the LED display for 3 seconds after the safe door is locked. It is recommended that this feature be used so the guest can see and confirm the exact PIN code they locked the safe with. This feature can also be deactivated so that the PIN code is not displayed after the safe is locked.
20. How does the safe lock? Programmable options for Opening and Closing the safe: In order to lock the door by using a Master PIN code OR Master CREDIT CARD to close and open safes door; the user enters their PIN code then presses Lock (#) OR slides the credit card instead. A new PIN code can be entered OR a new Credit Card can be swiped each time the door is opened. Both systems can be combined to ensure maximum security. In order to lock the door in this fashion, the user enters their PIN code then presses the LOCK (#) button twice then slides the master credit card. Both systems combined ensure maximum security. A new combination code/card cannot be entered unless the activator switch is reset.
21. When ever I buy something I can never speak to any body at the company Customer Care….
This is the NUMBER 1 priority for DigitalSafe. Our dedication to providing you with the highest quality customer care is second to none! We believe in providing our customers with the same high level of quality and service that we would expect. This begins with providing you with the highest quality electronic in-room safe available on the market. The safe is very easy to maintain; everything is solid state. There are only three replaceable parts, the keypad, a circuit board, and the locking mechanism. We include two additional of each, so if there is a problem the safe can be operational again in minutes. If any of the parts need to be replaced for any reason, we will send new ones via overnight delivery.
We understand that when the occasion arises and you do need technical support and service our highly skilled staff is here for you 24 hours a day 365 days a year.