When you go on vacation, the last thing you want to think about is the safety of your home. Having a home security system that includes home automation monitors your lighting, heating, and cooling systems so you can have the peace of mind you need to relax while you’re away.
Digital Safe Alarms can help you with both home security and automation, and here are some other tips for keeping your home safe while you enjoy your vacation.
What to do Inside Your Home
- Leave lights on inside your home or set timers for them to come on during the early evening and night. Don’t let you house appear dark or empty.
- Lock your doors and windows. Be sure to double check because this is the easiest way for an intruder to get in.
- Lower your thermostat. Set the thermostat to at least 55 degrees so pipes do not freeze and burst.
- Store your valuable items in a safe or safe deposit box to keep them out of the sight of people passing by. Digital Safe offers excellent options for wall or box safes.
What to do Outside Your Home
- Arrange for your mail and newspapers to be picked up so they don’t stockpile outside your door.
- Leave some exterior lights on or set a timer for them to come on at night.
- Don’t leave any spare keys out while you’re gone even if they are hidden.
- Secure your garage doors and windows. Be sure to double check.
Are you ready to go and relax? Contact Digital Safe Alarms if you have any other questions about home security, or to purchase your new alarm system. We can be reached through our website or by calling 720-941-6543.
And if you are considering installing a wall safe to protect your valuables, please visit us at: